Try install Kumander no screen

Questions and discussion regarding installation and getting familiar with Kumander Linux

Moderator: Bernadette

Louis47
Netherlands

Try install Kumander no screen

Post by Louis47 »

I have:
Clevo notebook 32 GB memory (2017)
Processor i7
1 “normal “ 512GB disk , and 1 Intel ssd disk also 512 GB.

I had a defect Nividia Videocard so I set in de Bios (UEFI) MSHYBRID. Now he start up with graphics possibillity from the CPU. Because of that problem I don’t have any activity on the notebook screen, so I use my second monitor a 28” (when you are older you need things bigger) screen. For my Kubuntu its perfect.
On the “Normal disk” I have Kubuntu and on the SSD I will install Kumandar. A very nice distro.
To install I get a very clear menu. But I am not familiar with Linux so I need some help. How to make and partitions? Ext2,3,4 os NTFR, FAT 16 or 32. Need I EFI or is MBR good enouch.
But see the next day:
This morning I try it again and write the steps on paper. Suprise I take the right choise: use the whole disk. But after install I start the notebook and now both monitor and notebook screen stay black. I use that monitor together with my Geekom mini pc, no problems.
GRUB:On start I get a numerous choises of possibibilities I choise the first one, there are 26 choises. 17x ubuntu 23.04 (23.04)(on/dev/sda5)
Look at GParted the disk looks alread.
Can´t Kumander work with Intel HD grapics 630? Graphic part of Processor i7 - 7700 HQ 2,80 GHz? Do it missing a driver?
Or, what do I wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Please try the new version 1.1 in the downloads page. I think it will probably solve your problems.

Regards,
Roy
Louis47
Netherlands

Post by Louis47 »

Thank you. I just did.