A place to introduce yourself and share your Linux journey

Moderator: Bernadette

Malcul
Most familiar OS: Linux Mint
MBTI Type: ISFP
Great Britain

Hi to Kumanders

Post by Malcul »

I am a longtime Mint user but like looking around the Linux living room. Lately saw Kumander and was intrigued, so went to the trouble of installing, and surprise surprise no trouble! I have made my system similar to my previous mint but with a W.in 7 look and feel. I'll see how long the comfort factor works. Already found a few pieces of software unavailable to Kumander, so can I do without? We'll see. The last I looked for was 'inxi'. My system is Kumander Linux 1 (Sisig) and I see there is a 1.1 available, so, now how to ensure I can upgrade? Is it automatic? Surely I wouldn't need to re-install? I feel like a newbie but my wife says I can't have one.
I am an aged retiree happy to tinker with my desktop and Minted laptop most of the day. It seems a fitting occupation for a disabled feller.
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Hello Malcul and welcome to the forum.

I appreciate the nice words about Kumander Linux, thank you. As for missing software, you should be able to find most of it in the Software Center (Start -> System -> Software Center). If it's not there, you can always install additional software using "apt" in the command prompt (Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt).

Regarding version 1.0 and 1.1. I am the only one working on Kumander Linux, but these days I have to work elsewhere to make money and make ends meet. Kumander Linux has to wait. However, you probably have version 1.1. I just didn't have time to update the "Welcome screen" program to reflect the new version number. Please check what version the GRUB bootloader reports. That is the actual version.

Regards,
Roy
Malcul
Most familiar OS: Linux Mint
MBTI Type: ISFP
Great Britain

Post by Malcul »

Hello Roy.

Thank you for your kind welcome. You must be driving yourself round the bend working as much as you do, but I have to compliment you on what you have done with Kumander. My version is 1.0 (according to the grub) so I must have been too quick to try it.

I am disappointed to have the Thunar without the dual pane option but I can manage without it as the rest is so good, clean and snappy in operation.
Good fortune be with you, and I look forward to your future ideas in your updates.

Regards
Malcul
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

You are most welcome and thank you for the compliments.

Noted on Thunar missing the dual pane option, I will look into that for the next release.

Regards,
Roy