Hello from Maine, US!

A place to introduce yourself and share your Linux journey

Moderator: Bernadette

m1k3
United States of America

Hello from Maine, US!

Post by m1k3 »

Howdy! It's Mike from Maine. I'm a health care data analyst by day and a geek 100% of the time.

I saw Kumander on DistroWatch and decided to give it a try. Liking it so far! Back in the 90s I started with Windows 95, then 98, skipped 2000 for some reason, and loved XP. In my opinion, XP had the best desktop experience because it was both feature-rich and customizable with freely available tools/patches. That's probably why I have a soft spot for KDE 3.5 which lives on with the Trinity desktop.

Windows 7 was a close second though since it had a standard desktop UI and nice visuals. Then MS went and butchered it with Windows 8. Since then it seems they can't decide what to do with the OS. Not ever going back to that train wreck.

Anyhow, I started using Linux in 2007 but Windows 7 kept luring me back with their free beta. Around 2012 I finally decided to switch to Linux for good. Since then I've tried way too many distros, WMs, and DEs hoping to find the perfect OS. Still looking of course but Roy really has found a sweet spot with a traditional UI, nice defaults, and a familiar look.

I'm looking forward to see what's to come. Keep up the great work, Roy!
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

LMAO, thank you so much Mike! That was really a riveting experience to read to say the least!

I hope perhaps you can find a new home here with Kumander Linux. Hahaha...

And thank you so much for those compliments! I will do what I can in the future.

Best of luck to you moving forward.

Regards,
Roy
m1k3
United States of America

Post by m1k3 »

:lol: Sorry, that was the most boring story of my life.

Yeah, I quite like it here. Like every person on the Internet I do have a few suggestions but I'll put that in the appropriate spot. Let me know if you need a hand with anything!

P.S. By the way, you get extra points for not choosing Discourse as the forum software.