Problem with instalation

Questions and discussion regarding installation and getting familiar with Kumander Linux

Moderator: Bernadette

pesteq
Poland

Problem with instalation

Post by pesteq »

I tried to install Kumander Linux, but during installation there was an error and it has stopped. It has happed when files were copied into disk. I tried graphic installer and text installer, but always error was in the same moment of copying.
For comparison I have installed pure Debian 12 from live .iso and there was all OK with installation.
Why your distro makes problems ? The installer looks the same.
Best regards
pesteq
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Hi pesteq and welcome to the forum.

This is a good question. I have not seen this kind of behavior before. Could you please provide more details, like the actual error message and/or a screenshot/photo?

Is it a virtual machine or a physical one? Are you installing on a HDD/SSD or a USB?

Some options I can imagine:
  1. There is something conflicting with the way your partitions are set up. Try to leave the partitioning settings on default without changing anything
  2. There is no access to http://deb.debian.org (used by Apt)
The installer is a slightly modified version of Debian's own installer (It's Debian 11 btw). But it should work in exactly the same way.

Regards,
Roy
MauRaider
United States of America

Post by MauRaider »

If you are running this in Vbox make sure your network adapter is set to NAT and not Bridge Adapter. I had that issue with while trying to install it in vbox.

Are you running it on bare metal? If so is EFI or UEFI is enabled?
Be safe, stay safe.
Be a Duck or Don't be a Duck.
If you become a Duck just don't be fowl.
ClarkFrancis
Angola

Post by ClarkFrancis »

MauRaider wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:56 am If you are running this in Vbox make sure your network adapter is set to NAT and not Bridge Adapter. I had that issue with while trying to install it in vbox.

Are you running it on bare metal? If so is EFI or UEFI is enabled?
it's recommended to set the network adapter to NAT (Network Address Translation) rather than Bridge Adapter. NAT allows the virtual machine to share the host machine's IP address for network connectivity.
Bir araba işletme simülatörü bulmak istiyorsanız, Satılık Araba Simülatörü APK, güvenli ve ücretsiz https://getmodnow.com/car-for-sale-simulator-2023.html web sitesi ihtiyaçlarınızı karşılayacaktır.