To fight boredom

Questions/discussions not covered by other rooms

Moderator: Bernadette

Ercouper
Most familiar OS: Other
United States of America

To fight boredom

Post by Ercouper »

To fight boredom I took a spare drive, installed a fresh copy of Kumander 1.1 and upgraded it to Debian 12 bookworm.
Everything went well except for having to switch to SDDM for login screen as there apparently isn't an installation candidate for lightdm-webkit2-greeter under bookworm (?) and I haven't figured out how to get lightdm working again. I could deal with that but what I really don't like is the "segmented" look of the panel (task manager). Everything else seems to be fine but I won't be using this drive for anything but experimentation.
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-11-25_02-32-13.png
Screenshot_2023-11-25_02-32-13.png (78.18 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Very interesting! Yes, I recently tested the style on Debian 12 and noticed that "segmented" glitch. Will have to look into that, thanks.

I am actually currently creating Kumander Linux 2.0 "from scratch" based on Debian 12.2 and documenting it as I go on YouTube in a video series.

It will probably not teach you much, as you seem to be pretty well informed. But maybe it will help with your boredom. :)

You can find it here:

Ercouper
United States of America

Post by Ercouper »

Thanks, Roy. I will for sure check it out & I have much to learn. Linux helps me keep boredom at bay! :D
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Oh, Linux is good for so many things! :lol: Alright, you're welcome.
Ercouper
United States of America

Post by Ercouper »

I've watched all your Youtube videos so far and have learned a lot. Thanks for all the education, Roy! :D
I edited the Kumander theme file and commented out the .xfce4 panel line in the contained.css file which took care of the blocked look in the panel although the start button and the other icon buttons (volume, network, bluetooth, etc.) are still a little shorter than the rest of the panel. Hummmmm.........
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Philippines

Post by Roy »

You are most welcome. :) And thanks for saying that.

I apologize for my disappearing. I really was (and to some extent still am) experiencing a burn out. There are just so many different things that need to be done regarding Kumander Linux 2.0 + things happening in other areas of my life at the same time.

I want to make Kumander a collaborative project, where people can contribute by using the GitLab server. Because, quite frankly, it is too much for one person to do this. So that is what 100% of my available focus has been on lately.

If you like, then you are always welcome to join the GitLab server. I will be posting updates on YouTube soon regarding how to contribute.

Anyways, all issues regarding upgrading the base to Debian 12 will be solved with the release of Kumander Linux 2.0.