Wubuntu

Questions/discussions not covered by other rooms

Moderator: Bernadette

Ercouper
Most familiar OS: Other
United States of America

Wubuntu

Post by Ercouper »

Just curious what other Linux users think of Wubuntu, a Windows 11 themed Kubuntu. https://www.wubuntu.org
I installed it and find it to be pretty good with a little extra customization...........if you like Windows 11.
I much prefer Kumander as I was always of the opinion that Windows 7 had the best look & feel.
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Alas, my friend, there are not a lot of users here (yet, at least). Until now, they really just come and go.

I must also be careful not to stretch myself too thin, as I have full time work and other chores on top of Kumander Linux.

As for Wubuntu, that looks pretty cool and professional. Maybe we can learn a trick or two from it.

And thanks for the kind words. :)
Ercouper
Most familiar OS: Other
United States of America

Post by Ercouper »

Yeah, I played with Wubuntu some and found it to be very much like Windows 11 but unless you pay $35 for their pro license/activation you will get endless nags to purchase a key. It even opens a browser window asking you to pay up.
I have since uninstalled it. If I want my Windows 11 experience I will just boot my Windows 11 drive. I still much prefer Kumander Linux.