Display versus Desktop config

Questions and discussion regarding installation and getting familiar with Kumander Linux

Moderator: Bernadette

forsaken
Most familiar OS: Other
United States of America

Display versus Desktop config

Post by forsaken »

Hello Devs.

I have used both Live and installed versions and they are very similar to each other so congrats on that :)

But there is a small issue, at least from my usage - there is no way to access the Display Config settings (you know, to control display layout?) from the external HDMI monitor. My configured laptop has a broken main screen and while it isnt impossible to use it ... it is really hard at times.

So because of that I tend to stick to distro/spins that allow easier configuration after system startup.

Other than that Kumander has been great to use :)

Bill
Imma Cat and I do not play well with others ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
> Imma Cat /ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗ feedme ...
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Hello Forsaken and welcome to the forum.

Thank you so much for the kind words and please excuse the late reply. I've got many things going on.

As for display settings: just open the Start menu and click on Settings Manager in the bottom left. Under "Hardware" you will find "Display". That will give you all the options related to your display.

Regards,
Roy
forsaken
Most familiar OS: Other
United States of America

Post by forsaken »

Um ... yeah, sorry I wasnt clearer :(

The laptop main screen is not working properly so getting to icons on it is problematic.

I would hope for access to settings via right-click?

On my HDMI second monitor - It doesnt go to Display Settings but Desktop Setup - two totally different things :P

Sorry, Bill
Imma Cat and I do not play well with others ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
> Imma Cat /ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗ feedme ...
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

No worries mate, and I shall likewise apologize because I understand that you are a quite seasoned user and my suggestion might not be of any help to you.

So I do agree there should be a direct access to the screen settings via a right click on the desktop. I might incorporate that later, thank you for the idea.

As for choosing which screen has the icons, you can do that in the "Display Settings" mentioned before. Simply identify the screen you want them on and enable the "Primary Display" switch.

Hope it helps.