First things first: Kumander Linux hails from the Philippines. The name Kumander simply means Commander in English.
It's actually a homage to Commodore (my 1st computer - a VIC20 no less), but I didn't think "Komodoro" sounded quite right. So Kumander it is.
As for myself, my name is Roy Hoejgaard and I am the lead developer of this Distro.
I am not originally from the Philippines, but I am married to a Filipina and I live here permanently now.
I am an INFP.
The Philosophy Behind Kumander Linux
• We believe that Microsoft peaked with Windows 7 - we pick up where they left off
• We bring back colorful icons, beautiful backgrounds and software with a real soul
• Low system requirements, meaning it will run fine on any old hardware
• Focus on user friendliness, openness and simplicity
• You, the user, are in total control
|Single Core 1GHz 64bit
|Dual Core 1GHz 64bit
If you have any questions or otherwise, then feel free to register an account and post your concerns in the forum.
I am not driven by money, but I do need to pay my bills and feed my family. Please consider donating.
Thank you and we hope you will enjoy using Kumander Linux.
With love, Roy and Bernadette Hoejgaard