Installation

Questions and discussion regarding installation and getting familiar with Kumander Linux

Moderator: Bernadette

doofuse

Installation

Post by doofuse »

Hello!, Just discovered this distro and I'm quite interested to try it out. But I just wanna know if I can install this offline? Because Debian installers has this issue about the "missing firmware/s" and i'm not sure if I can just skip it and install this offline. That's all and I'll be waiting for a response. Thank you!
Roy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most familiar OS: Kumander Linux
MBTI Type: INFP
Philippines

Post by Roy »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your interest in Kumander Linux! Hmmm, well, it will install just fine without internet (just tested), but I am not quite sure if all WiFi drivers are available.

Kumander has exactly the same code base under the hood as Debian 11.3 non-free version. So it includes all the same non-free drivers as that one. But I can't guarantee you that it will work for your particular machine.

The ISO file does come with a live version for testing it. I suggest you try that one first. Good luck!

Regards,
Roy
Gloria Sutton

Post by Gloria Sutton »

doofuse wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:37 pm Hello!, Just discovered this distro and I'm quite interested to try it out. But I just wanna know if I can install this offline? Because Debian installers has this issue about the "missing firmware/s" and i'm not sure if I can just skip it and install this offline. That's all and I'll be waiting for a response. Thank you!
If you are running this in Vbox make sure your network adapter is set to NAT and not Bridge Adapter. I had that issue with while trying to install it in vbox.

Are you running it on bare metal? If so is EFI or UEFI is enabled?